Hyden Wrongful Death Attorney
Losing somebody that you love is incredibly difficult, particularly if the careless or negligent actions of another individual, company, or entity were responsible for their death. At Couch and Fugate, our dedicated team is standing by to help when you need a Hyden wrongful death attorney by your side. We have extensive experience investigating complex injury and wrongful death claims throughout Perry County, and we understand what it takes to help secure the closure and compensation you and your family need during this challenging time.
Why choose Couch and Fugate for this case?
- The attorneys at Couch and Fugate have extensive experience and a track record of success in providing compassionate representation to family members in these situations.
- We work to ensure that every family who has lost a loved one receives personalized attention for their case from their attorney.
- We take Hyden wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that families will not have to pay any legal fees until after we obtain the compensation they need.
How will an attorney help with a wrongful death claim?
Wrongful death cases can become incredibly complicated in Kentucky, and the personal representative of the deceased’s estate needs to reach out to a skilled wrongful death attorney as soon as possible. An attorney can use the resources of their office to:
- Fully investigate the claim in order to determine liability.
- Work with economic and financial experts to properly calculate the total expected losses caused by the death.
- Negotiate with every party involved, including insurance carriers and at-fault parties, in an attempt to reach a fair settlement for the estate.
Who can file a wrongful death claim in Hyden, Kentucky?
When we turn to Kentucky Statutes section 411.130, we can see that the probate court must first name or appoint a personal representative for the deceased’s estate. This personal representative will then be responsible for bringing a wrongful death claim through a civil lawsuit.
The estate and the beneficiaries of the deceased will ultimately benefit if the wrongful death claim is successful. Some of the most common beneficiaries in these cases include:
- The spouse of the deceased
- Children of the deceased
- Parents of the deceased
- Other dependents of the deceased
Types of compensation available for these claims
There may be various types of compensation available to the estate and the beneficiaries of the deceased in these cases. This can include the following:
- Loss of future income the deceased would have earned
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Damages for the pain and suffering the deceased experienced before death
- Any pre-death medical expenses the deceased incurred
- Loss of consortium damages for a spouse
- Loss of society, guardianship, love, support, and companionship of the deceased
Call a Hyden wrongful death attorney today
If you have lost a loved one due to the careless or negligent actions of another individual, business, or entity in Perry County, turn to the team at Couch and Fugate for help today. Our attorneys have a thorough understanding of Kentucky wrongful death laws, and we have the resources necessary to fully investigate these claims. We will stand by your side throughout the entirety of your case so we can make sure that you and your family receive the closure you deserve. When you need a Hyden wrongful death attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by calling (606) 672-7300.