London Wrongful Death Attorney
Nobody should ever have to deal with the loss of a loved one by themselves. This is particularly true if a loved one loses their life due to the careless, negligent, or intentional actions of somebody else. At Couch and Fugate, our team is standing by to help when you need a London wrongful death attorney. Our firm has extensive experience helping clients throughout Laurel County hold negligent parties accountable for their actions in these cases. Our goal is to help families and estates secure the justice and compensation they are entitled to for their losses.
Why turn to Couch and Fugate for help?
- At Couch and Fugate, our compassionate and experienced team has a track record of success helping clients who have lost loved ones.
- Our team has multiple locations throughout eastern Kentucky, and we can even come to you, if necessary.
- We take London wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that families will not owe any legal fees until after we obtain the compensation they need.
How will a wrongful death lawyer help your case?
A wrongful death attorney in London, Kentucky, will be an invaluable resource for the personal representative of the deceased’s estate. An attorney can help ensure that all claims are filed within the proper time frame, and they can also:
- Obtain any evidence needed to prove liability, including photo or video surveillance, statements from eyewitnesses, accident reports, and more.
- Work with trusted economic and financial experts to properly calculate the total expected losses to the deceased’s estate.
- Vigorously negotiate with all parties involved to reach a fair settlement, while also preparing to take the case to trial, if necessary.
Types of compensation available for a wrongful death claim
According to the Kentucky Statutes section 411.130, we can see that the personal representative of the deceased’s state is responsible for filing a civil wrongful death claim in court. However, the beneficiaries of the estate can ultimately recover various types of compensation. This can include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Lost income the deceased would have earned throughout their lifetime
- Any pre-death medical expenses
- Pain and suffering damages the deceased experienced before their death
- Loss of consortium damages for a spouse
- Loss of companionship, care, society, and comfort damages
Time limit to file a London, KY wrongful death claim
It is crucial for the personal representative of the deceased person’s estate to file a wrongful death claim on time. The Kentucky wrongful death statute of limitations is one year from the date of the person’s death or one year from the date of the appointment of the estate’s personal representative.
Call a London wrongful death attorney today
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligent, careless, or intentional actions of somebody else in Laurel County, turn to the team at Couch and Fugate for help today. We have extensive experience helping family members who have lost loved ones secure justice and compensation in these cases. We refuse to back down from aggressive insurance carriers or at-fault parties, and we have the resources necessary to conduct a complete investigation into the incident. When you need a London wrongful death attorney, we are ready to take your case all the way to trial. Contact us for a free consultation of your case.