London Car Accident Attorney
Vehicle accidents in Laurel County often result in severe injuries for victims. Unfortunately, these incidents are often caused by the careless or negligent actions of other drivers. At Couch and Fugate, our team is standing by to help if you need a London car accident attorney by your side. We have the resources necessary to fully investigate these claims, determine liability, and help clients secure total compensation for their losses. We stand up to aggressive insurance carriers and negotiate vigorously for each and every one of our clients.
Why turn to Couch and Fugate for help?
- At Couch and Fugate, our team provides every client with personalized service. This means that our clients will work directly with the attorney who handles their cases.
- We have decades of experience handling complex vehicle accident claims throughout eastern Kentucky.
- We take all London car accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients will not have to pay any upfront or out-of-pocket costs for their case. We only collect legal fees after we obtain the compensation our clients need.
How will a car accident lawyer in London, KY help?
An attorney will provide invaluable assistance after a crash in Laurel County, Kentucky. An attorney can step in and provide the resources necessary to conduct a complete investigation into the case. They can:
- Obtain photographs from the scene, video surveillance from nearby buildings, vehicle “black box” data, mobile device data, eyewitness statements, and more while working to determine liability.
- Ensure their client is evaluated by a trusted medical professional who can help assess the injuries.
- Negotiate with every party involved to help ensure that the client receives maximum compensation for their losses.
Car accidents are not uncommon in London, Kentucky
When we look at data available from the Kentucky State Police, we can see that there were more than 156,000 total vehicle collisions across the Commonwealth during the latest reporting year. Unfortunately, these incidents led to 745 total fatalities and nearly 34,000 total injuries.
At Couch and Fugate, we know that these crashes occur in a variety of ways, often due to the careless or negligent actions of other drivers. This can include drivers:
- Operating while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Operating while distracted by phones or other devices
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Operating too fast for conditions
- Following other drivers too closely
- Disregarding basic traffic laws
File your London car accident claim on time
It is important for London, KY car accident victims to file their claims quickly. The Kentucky personal injury statute of limitations is 2 years after the last PIP payment. This gives crash victims a two-year window with which to file a lawsuit against an alleged negligent driver after receiving their last PIP payment. However, most insurance carriers have strict reporting deadlines in place. Failing to report an accident to the insurance carrier within a day or two could result in a delay or denial of the claim.
Call a London, KY car accident attorney today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a car accident caused by the negligent actions of another driver in Laurel County, Kentucky, turn to Couch and Fugate for help with your case today. Our team has extensive experience handling complex vehicle accident claims throughout eastern Kentucky. We know what it takes to investigate these claims, determine liability, and secure maximum compensation for our clients. When you need a London car accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by calling (606) 672-7300.