London Slip and Fall Accident Attorney
Slip and fall incidents can lead to severe injuries for victims. Unfortunately, slip and fall incidents are often caused by the careless or negligent actions of property owners. At Couch and Fugate, we are here to help if you need a London slip and fall accident attorney by your side. Our team has significant experience helping clients throughout Laurel County who have sustained these injuries because of the actions of property owners and their employees. Let us help you secure full compensation for your losses.
Why choose Couch and Fugate for this case?
- The attorneys at Couch and Fugate have decades of legal experience and regularly help clients secure compensation for complex premises liability claims.
- We work to ensure that every client receives personalized attention for their case, which means we focus on meeting each client’s goals and needs.
- Our London slip and fall accident clients will not pay any legal fees until after we obtain the compensation they are entitled to.
How will an attorney help a slip and fall claim?
Trying to tackle a slip and fall injury in London, Kentucky without an attorney is a mistake. It is important to understand that property owners often have the resources available to fight these types of claims. When you work with a slip and fall accident attorney, you are gaining the resources to level the playing field. An attorney can:
- Obtain all evidence necessary to prove liability, including photo or video surveillance of the incident, statements from eyewitnesses, property owner safety records, accident reports, and more.
- Work with economic and medical professionals to evaluate their client and help provide an estimate for total losses.
- Negotiate with all parties involved in order to reach a fair settlement while also preparing to take the case to trial, if necessary to ensure fair client treatment.
Property owners can be held liable for slip and fall accidents
Slip and fall accidents can occur at private residences, private businesses, public property, government property, and anywhere else guests and visitors have a right to be. There are various causes of slip and fall accidents, and the attorneys at Couch and Fugate regularly discover the following is to blame:
- Wet or uneven walking surfaces. This is by far the most common cause of slip and fall accidents and can occur due to:
- Mopped or waxed floors with no warning signs
- Loose floorboards
- Cluttered floors
- Torn or defective carpeting
- Electrical cords running across the floor
- Improperly maintained on stairways
- Loose pavement or potholes in parking lots
- Improper employee training. If staff members are not properly trained to recognize and remedy slip and fall hazards, guests can sustain injuries.
Time limit to file a London slip and fall injury claim
Slip and fall injury victims in London, Kentucky have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit in these cases. The Kentucky statute of limitations for personal injury claims is one year from the day an injury occurs. This means that victims have a one-year window with which to file a lawsuit against the alleged negligent property owner.
Contact a London, Kentucky slip and fall attorney today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a slip and fall accident caused by the negligent actions of a property owner in Laurel County, the attorneys at Couch and Fugate are here to help. We have the resources necessary to conduct a complete investigation into these cases and help clients secure full compensation for their losses. This can include coverage of medical bills, lost income, out-of-pocket expenses, pain and suffering damages, and more. When you need a London slip and fall accident attorney, contact us for a free consultation of your case.